- Use a ruler for Axis
- Title must be appropriate and show a relationship
between variables (The Effect of X on Y).
- Both X and Y axis must be labeled. (X axis is the
independent variable and the Y axis is the dependent variable)
- All units must be labeled. Abbreviations are fine.
- Graph should be as large as possible for accuracy.
- Point of origin makes sense. Doesn’t always start a
- Units are in even increments per axis.
- Do not connect the points on a line graph unless
instructed to do so. Line up your ruler so that half of the points are on
either side of the ruler to make a "best fit" or "trend" line. "Best fit" and
"trend" lines DO NOT necessarily touch all plot points (and usually won't
touch many of them)!
- If needed use a color code or key and label for
- Same as above except for #8.
- You will choose a trend line in excel and the
computer will make a precise line for you.